Monday, June 1, 2015

Book Review: Yogurt by Janet Fletcher

I love yogurt - plain, flavored, regular, Greek.  I have been thinking about making my own yogurt since my kids love yogurt too and we go through quite a few containers at a time each week.  The thought of also being able to control the quality of the ingredients is also attractive to me.

What I appreciate most about this book is that the first part explains the process of making your own yogurt in depth.  She includes the history and science behind yogurt, as well as its health benefits.  The author also talks about the how different kinds of milk would affect the outcome of the yogurt.  

The photographs are beautiful and artistic.  I am glad that the book contains many savory recipes, as majority of the time I eat yogurt for breakfast or a snack with fruit, granola and honey.  The recipes to add yogurt in curries or as sauces with meats and vegetables, are definitely some that I am going to try.  The author also includes accompanying recipes - for the Alsatian Pizza with Onions & Pancetta, included is a recipe for pizza dough.  Chapters include Breakfast, Appetizers & Salads, Soups, Meat, Vegetables & Grains, Desserts, and Beverages.  




No comments:

Post a Comment